Monday, May 4, 2009

Game 1 = AWESOME

So just before I attend Game 1 of the second round of the 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs between the Pens and THE WASHINGTON CAPITALS, I came to the realization that this was my first every professional playoff game. Last year I was at the game that allowed the Caps to get INTO the playoffs but for as long as I've been a sports fan I haven't been to a professional playoff game. (I've been to a bunch of college playoff games). The Atmosphere in the Phone Booth (outside DC that is the Verizon Center, home of the Caps) was awesome. The sea of Red inside and outside the arena was AWESOME. It's great to have that kind of vibe in DC. As for the (Puck) Fittsburgh Fans, I hate the fact that they wear their Steelers jerseys to a hockey game. Cheer on your actual team. The game itself was yet another nail bitter with Crybaby Crosby scoring first but it was Simeon VarLAmov aka Varly aka the Boy Wonder that had the last laugh with this INCREDIBLE save:
I also want to the thank a few people. @vulcanmuse for her unfortunate circumstance of having to be in a wedding thus allowing me and my gf to attend the game. My awesome girlfriend for joining me and giving me AWESOME tickets earlier this season. The couple the row behind us in section 411 for allowing me to basically stand the entire 3rd period b/c my knee (due to the ACL surgery) just didn't want to fit in the little space between the seats. And to Mr. Ted Leonsis and the Washington Capitals for giving us something to cheer for and bringing pride back to DC Sports.

Game 2 tonight. LETS GO CAPS!

No comments: